The International 2019 is the concluding tournament of the Dota Pro Circuit and the ninth annual edition of The International. Hosted by Valve Corporation, the game’s developer, the tournament began in August 2019 with the group stage and will conclude with the main event at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai.
Group Stage – August 15th – August 18th, 2019
- All eighteen teams are divided into two groups where they play in a Round Robin format.
- All matches are played in a Bo2 (Best of 2).
- The top four teams in each group advance to the Upper Bracket of the Main Event.
- The bottom team in each group is eliminated.
- The remaining teams advance to the Lower Bracket of the Main Event.
Main Event – August 20th – August 25th, 2019
- Sixteen teams play in a double-elimination format over six days.
- Eight teams begin in the Upper Bracket, eight in the Lower Bracket.
- First Lower Bracket round is Bo1, Grand Finals are Bo5, all others rounds are Bo3.
The initial prize pool of the tournament is $1,600,000 USD. An additional 25% of all Battle Pass sales are added to the total prize pool. These sales include Battle Pass purchases at multiple levels as well as points purchases used to level up the Battle Pass in-game. The current total prize pool is $33,407,987 USD ($31,807,987 USD added).
Ana in OG team really is the main highlight of the group stage match because of his performance on Carry IO in a few games that leads their team to victory. This OG team is really an interesting team that always has a really great plan on archiving victory even with a low percentage of winning via their line up heroes.
Nether less, PSG LGD also has a great performance in every game with 13 win games out of 16 game.
RTZ from EG teams really caught viewer attention on his match versus VG when he got a RAMPAGE with 1 v 5. This player really will be one of the main focus to viewers to see his performance and they will eager to see the best performance of him in the main stage.
Instead of the main event of TI9, there are also other side events that always been held every international which is a film contest, arcana vote, all-stars game and cosplay contest.
Click HERE to view the TI9 Short Film Contest Entries [Only Battle pass owner can vote for the finalist]
We believe that Orge Magi and Wind Ranger is the final compete for arcana in this year.
This year’s International All-Star rosters will be based on Fantasy Points rankings. The top players will compete in an All Random Death Match, and fans are invited to choose a favorite player before the All-Star Match to earn extra Battle Points.
- 5 vs 5 All Random Death Match.
- Top 10 players by Fantasy Score from Group Stage will compete
- No more than 1 player from any team
And the winning team will be getting a piece of a big cheese as the prize. This match mainly focuses on picking the best player with his role and make a team of 5 with a different player from a different team.